亚洲第一成年网站视频_欧美13一14周岁a在线_1204_女教师的凌脣教室在线_99视频有精品视频高清In the Biological Sciences Department, you can choose a major or minor in Biology, Botany, or Zoology. Students who major in Biology may elect to specialize in one of several concentrations: Cellular/Molecular Biology, Ecology, General Biology, Marine Biology, Microbiology, or Science Education (Life Science Teacher Preparation). All majors emphasize hands-on learning and personal interaction with faculty members. Many courses take advantage of the outstanding natural environment surrounding Humboldt State. Programs are structured to allow latitude for student choice in developing a program suitable to individual needs. There are also many opportunities for independent and faculty-mentored studies.
HSU graduates have an excellent record of acceptance into the top graduate schools in the country, as well as directly starting careers in a variety of wide-ranging and growing biological fields. Students interested in health-related professions should refer also to Pre-Professional Health Programs in the HSU catalog.
- Diverse faculty committed to undergraduate education and mentorship.
- Low student-to-faculty ratio.
- Wide-ranging courses and opportunities, including numerous specialized topics.
- Emphasis on hands-on learning.
- Excellent facilities available for undergraduates, including the Telonicher Marine Laboratory; ocean-going research vessel, The Coral Sea; Biotechnology Laboratory; Greenhouses; Vertebrate Museum; Herbarium; Scanning and Transmission Electron Microscopes; HSU Natural History Museum; and the CNRS Core Research Facility.
- Outstanding natural environments including ocean and estuarine areas, undeveloped coastal dunes, redwood forests, alpine and subalpine forests, and numerous state and national parks and forests.
- Rigorous coursework designed to prepare students for active careers and graduate study.